How to transfer tasks to calendar events

Hi @czottmann,

Thanks for creating this excellent app for Obsidian users!

I met Actions for Obsidian since I am finding a method to sync tasks to calendar events. Is there any method to do that with existing actions?

Dataview Task query seems can do it, will Actions for Obsidian support Task query in the future?

Hi @zhou7777777, welcome to the forum!

I met Actions for Obsidian since I am finding a method to sync tasks to calendar events. Is there any method to do that with existing actions?

No, there is not yet.

Dataview Task query seems can do it, will Actions for Obsidian support Task query in the future?

Support for DV TASK queries is on my todo list for one of the upcoming versions. I can’t promise that it’ll be part of 1.4.0 but I will try!

Thanks you so much!

I am using regex and split text in shortcuts to achieve it, it’s a little ugly but it works. Looking forward to the new features!

I try to use ios automation to execute shortcuts every day, but I got this error when iphone locked. Could you help suggest how can I resolve it?

Time-based automation won’t work, I’m afraid — due to the type of Obsidian API, the device needs to be unlocked. Basically, the API that Obsidian is providing is URL-based, i.e. meaning Actions for Obsidian asks iOS to open a obsidian:// URL, which iOS sends to Obsidian, and Obsidian sends it return values back by asking iOS to open a actions-for-obsidian:// URL. But when the device is locked, the apps can’t be opened, and so the automation fails.

I don’t like it, either, please believe me. But there’s not much I can do about that, I have to work with what’s made available to us developers. Sorry.