Onboarding feedback

Step 2 Allow controlling the browser UI
Clicking “Reveal Browser Actions in Finder” opens a window showing the Browser actions runner.appex file – which can’t be dragged to the Settings panel - it does prompt for authorization but then doesn’t do anything. I had to find the main app instead and drag that in.

Note: this was using macOS Sonoma.

Step 4
The “well done continue to next step” could be bigger, was a bit subtle

Step 5
The screenshot for Safari under Sonoma is slightly different since the dev settings are now in their own window.

:+1: Hope this helps!

Thank you, that’s good information!

Clicking “Reveal Browser Actions in Finder” opens a window showing the Browser actions runner.appex file – which can’t be dragged to the Settings panel - it does prompt for authorization but then doesn’t do anything. I had to find the main app instead and drag that in.

Not quite right, I’m afraid, but I agree it’s confusing AF: The .appex file can and must be dragged and authenticated, it just doesn’t show up in the list. :neutral_face: Also, adding the main app only helps visually, but that’s all it does, it shows up.

I’ll take care of the rest!

Ah, that’s fun, thanks System Settings! :crazy_face:

Yeah. :expressionless: I’ve rewritten most of the onboarding over the last few days, not least thanks to your feedback, made it shorter and less Shakespearean, and now that particular nugget is clearly noted.