Release: Actions URI 1.6.1

Actions URI 1.6.1 was released today.

Hotfix release.

No longer broken

• Under some circumstances, /note/create with apply=content would not create a note. Sorry about that!

Maybe that’s the problem I had earlier today. I created a shortcut to move a note between two vaults, and it did not work. I thought I could simply use Get Active Note from the current vault, and the Create Note in the other vault from its content with any adjustments to Properties or Body as necessary.

However, the note was never created in the target vault.In the console for that vault, the Action seemed to be successful, but it was followed by a atypeScript error related to the properties (undefined, null, or something). I’m getting my car serviced at the desler right now so I can’t remember the exact message.

So I thought maybe I needed to explicitly Open Vault , Get Active Note, Close Vault for the source, followed by Open Vault, Create Note, Close Vault for the target. In this case, AFO crashed and terminated my first vault in Obsidian.

So how is this supposed to work, if I want to move a note between vaults? Was this related to the bug you just fixed? When I get back home, I will update the plugin abd try it again.

I installed your Actions URI fix, and now the shortcut is working. Thank you. I guess someone encountered the same issue before me, and you jumped right on it.

I removed the explicit Open and Close Vault actions that I had wrapped around my actions for each vault. I was hoping those would not be necessary, and it worked just fine with the vaults specified in the Get Active Note and Create Note actions.

That’s much simpler, but I was just trying things to see why my initial attempt failed. Now, I’m not really sure when you actually need to use Open/Close Vault, especially if you use Vault Reference or explicit vault names.

I just want to mention, that I had to change my path to my templates. I had to add “.md” to the path for my templater templates. Before it worked without this. Without the Extension the Action URI gives an error “template not found”.

@netfly This shouldn’t happen. I’m afraid I also have a hard time reproducing that issue here. Could you give me more details, please? Like, what’s the path to your Templater template folder, the name of the template you want to use, and maybe a screenshot of the action in the Shortcuts editor.

The path to my daily note template is “_Setup/Templates/Daily Note (Template).md” … but in the shortcut I used it without “.md” at the end and it worked until the last update. Now I had to add the extension.

Thanks. Still works in my tests but I just remembered that I ran into this problem months ago – and it turned out I had accidentally named my template whatever.md.md. Obsidian would show it as whatever.md because it hides the .md extension so I didn’t notice right away.

Could this be the cause?

As you see, the file has no double extension … and in the second screenshot I removed the “.md” from the path and it didn’t work anymore. When I put it back it works again.
SCR-20240729-pmft

Hmm. Two more questions, then:

1. Is your daily note template inside the template folder you’ve configured in Templater’s settings?
  2. Could you post your Obsidian debug info, please (command palette → “Show debug info”)? Either post it here or send me a private message or an email (AFO → “Send Feedback mail”).