TestFlight 1.0.0 build 2537

Browser Actions is currently in development for macOS 13.3 and later. Join the public TestFlight!

People, it’s been a few interesting weeks, to say the least. :sweat_smile: I had to talk to Apple’s developer support because I ran into some weird behaviour (weird to me), and as it turns out, what I was building was not really on Apple’s map. Huh! I guess that makes me a trailblazer? :rofl:

Important update regarding the App Store release

When talking to Apple, it became apparent that I won’t be able to offer Browser Actions on the App Store because it uses some macOS accessibility features in a way that’s not allowed for App Store apps. There’s nothing wrong with using those features, mind — but using them for anything but accessibility purposes is against the rules of the App Store. :man_shrugging:t2:

So, in time-honored indie developer fashion, Browser Actions will be released outside the store! Licenses will be available on its website, just like many other apps do. Also, not having to go through App Store reviews allows me to add some exciting things later on. Stay tuned. :call_me_hand:t3:

Testing will be done using TestFlight for the time being, because why not?

Breaking Changes

It’s crucial that you re-run Setup to allow the rewritten Helper application to use the accessibility features of macOS! The button to do that can be found in the first tab of the app.

The reason: I rewrote a big part of the app that executes the Shortcuts actions. Unfortunately, this will likely break all of your existing Shortcuts workflows that use BA’s actions. Sorry, but that’s what testing is for, isn’t it? :sweat_smile:

New stuff

No longer broken

• Resolved an issue with the Click Element and Click Link actions not always triggering clicks in all browsers.
  • Reading field values with Get Form Field Value and using the “name” field targeting works as expected now.
  • After dragging the Helper to the System Settings panel during Onboarding, the Helper will now be displayed in the list as expected.

Behind the scenes

• All purchasing and paywall features were removed from the app, as they’re not needed anymore in this form (see above).

As always: Thanks for testing, and if you find anything out of the ordinary, have questions, or have ideas for new features, please let me know!