TestFlight Beta 1.0.0 build 2400

A new week, a new Browser Actions TestFlight build! Today’s package contains …

Support for targeting the front browser

You can now tell the actions to use the front browser. As long as your (supported) browser is the currently active app or the previous active app, Browser Actions should be able to detect it.

For longer workflows, I recommend starting with a Get Browser Reference action, then using its result as the Browser parameter in the following actions, to ensure all actions definitely deal with the same browser.

Behind the scenes

I’ve added a new crash reporter. It’s an external service named Sentry. Here’s the relevant excerpt from the “in layman’s terms” portion the privacy policy:

I also use the external service Sentry for error reporting, but Sentry does not have access to Apple’s customer data either. If an error occurs in one of my apps, a report is sent to Sentry to help me fix the error. These reports do not contain any personal data, but only information about the error itself, e.g. which function of the app did not work, which version of the app you are using, on which version of iOS or macOS, etc.

I’m committed to the GDPR🇪🇺 both by conviction and by law.

Fixes

• The Get Form Field Value action is no longer broken.

• When purchasing a license, the successful purchase wasn’t shown right away. This should work now as expected.

As always: Thanks for testing, and if you find anything out of the ordinary, have questions, or have ideas for new features, please let me know!

Hello Carlo,
I hope you’re not snowed in yet!
It’s great that the fields’ contents can now be read easily. I only have some issues when I try to read the fields by name, but this could my bad understanding of the DOM.
The frontmost browser now works well when you call a script from the shortcut menu. This also works even if other applications are on top of the browser window, and even if multiple browsers are running. However, if you try to run the script in the shortcut app, it won’t work. The app under the shortcut app takes the focus, and an error message that says “The currently active app is not a supported browser” is displayed.
So far I have conducted initial tests. Now that I can read data, I will search for a use case to create a more sophisticated test script.
Best regards, Leif.

Thanks!

I only have some issues when I try to read the fields by name, but this could my bad understanding of the DOM.

If you can reproduce it somewhat reliably, let me know, please!

However, if you try to run the script in the shortcut app, it won’t work. The app under the shortcut app takes the focus, and an error message that says “The currently active app is not a supported browser” is displayed.

Yes, in Shortcuts it only works if Shortcuts is directly on top of a browser, i.e. if a browser is the previously active app prior to Shortcuts. At least it works like that for me… :wink:

:pray:t3:, C.

Moin,

Still using my old test.hml and this following script.

Setting the field by name works getting by name not. See error message in screen.

In the console it works with: document.getElementsByName(“benutzername”)[0].value

Best Regards,
leif

Good catch, that’s totally on me (again). Will be fixed in the next version. Thank you!

1 Like