Custom Notes for Calendar Events

Hey Everyone!

Brand new to Obsidian and also just started playing around with this toolkit!

I am trying to customize the Notes for Calendar Events as written up in the blog post and running into a slight issue.

In my templater, I have Participants as a property, and I am trying to use the shortcut to pull the attendees from the event and add them as [[people]] into the properties so it will automatically show as links.

In my current shortcut I am working on, I am able to get the dictionary pretty close, but cant seem to get it quite there:

{
    "tags": null,
    "Type": "Meeting",
    "Project": null,
    "Date": "2023-12-23 17:12",
    "Participants": "[\"[[Doe, Jane]]\",\"[[Smith, John]]\"]"
}

It seems like I just need to get some "'s moved around, but I can’t figure out a way in the shortcut to just pass an array to the dictionary value. I created a separate shortcut to pull the properties from the note, and it seems like this is what it actually wants. However because it reads the value as “text”, it keeps putting the “” on the outside of the array

{
    "tags": null,
    "Type": "Meeting",
    "Project": null,
    "Date": "2023-12-23 17:12",
    "Participants":["[[Doe, Jane]]","[[Smith, John]]"]
}

Thanks in advance!
Ethan

Nevermind got it working!

For anyone who’s interested and has dozens of meetings on their calendar a day (as I do) where notes are not taken for every single one, feel free to take/tweak:
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/2e1d42d40ac44091beedfbefa8441fc9

1 Like

Welcome to the board, @ethanopp! Glad you got it working, and thanks for sharing. Usually, I respond quicker, but over the holidays I always try to take a few days off. It was a long year :wink: