I’m happy to announce that version 1.2.0 is now available on the App Store for both macOS and iOS. It’s a big’un!
- The macOS app has been redesigned! You’ll now find links to all the documentation, as well as your trial or license situation, right in the main window.
- All licenses have also received an upgrade: they can be shared with up to 5 additional family members via Apple’s Family Sharing service. That includes previously purchased ones.
- New: Search Notes With Omnisearch, for when you want solid search results! It requires the community plugin Omnisearch.
- Create Note and Create Daily Note now support applying templates when creating notes, see the documentation for the actions.
- Append Text To A Note, Prepend Text To A Note, Append Text To Daily Note, and Prepend Text To Daily Note can now append/prepend sections below headlines.
- Append Text To A Note, Prepend Text To A Note, Append Text To Daily Note, and Prepend Text To Daily Note can now gracefully create the target note on the fly if it doesn’t already exist.
Insert Text At Placeholder In Note and Insert Text At Placeholder In Daily Note gained support for YAML-compatible placeholders, i.e.
- Actions that modify notes (create, insert, append, etc.) now have a toggle to not open or focus the note.
- The companion plugin Actions URI has been updated to 1.2.2, please update it in the vaults you use with Actions for Obsidian.
- On iOS, Search Notes has been removed. The Obsidian API doesn’t support search, so we developers have relied on brittle workarounds to collect search results, but it’s not a stable solution, especially on mobile. Please use the new Search Notes With Omnisearch action instead.
- On iOS, the Get Vault Path, Get “New File” Folder Path, and Get Attachment Folder Path actions have been removed as they are currently useless due to the iOS security sandboxing.
- Insert Text At Placeholder In Note and Insert Text At Placeholder In Daily Note actions would crash if the replacement parameter was empty. They got a stern talking to and now work as expected.
- Some vault actions (such as Open Vault) would complain about missing parameters. This has been fixed.
- The purchasing window will now ask if you use Actions for Obsidian in a commercial setting or want to share your license with family members, and pick a suggested base price.
And finally: If you like the app, I’d really help me out if you could spare a minute on an App Store rating or review. Thank you!